Re: elided base character or obliterated character (was: Hebrew composition model, with cantillation marks)

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 12:51:53 EST

    Andrew C. West scripsit:

    > The problem of how to represent missing/obliterated characters in Unicode when
    > transcribing manuscript/printed texts and inscriptions, etc. has always
    > perplexed me.

    IIRC we talked about this a year or so ago, and kicked around the idea that
    the Chinese square could be treated as a glyph variant of U+3013 GETA MARK,
    which looks quite different but symbolizes the same thing.

    I don't remember the outcome.

    --
    But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
    reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.