IUC25 participation

From: Don Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 16:51:07 EST

    I'm not sure what sort of publicity and outreach goes with setting up the IUC, but with the next one being held in Washington, it would seem to be a great opportunity to involve various actors in ICT for development that are based in DC area. Also representatives of various governments from around the world who work in the various diplomatic missions there.

    Hopefully I'm the last one to get this bright idea, but what brought it home for me was reading that the recent African WSIS prepcon in Maputo "agreed to bring 'e-strategies' for mobilizing information and communications technology (ICT) for development into the mainstream of government planning" - which seems to harmonize with the theme of IUC25.

    Don Osborn
    Bisharat.net