Re: [hebrew] Re: ZWJ, ZWNJ, CGJ and combination

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 17:04:26 EST

    From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk@qaya.org>
    > >A starter sequence (defective or not) is then an unordered set of
    sequences
    > >of characters having the same combining class. The relative order of each
    > >element of this set has no semantic value, and does not influence the
    > >canonical equivalence of strings. On the opposite, the relative order of
    > >characters that make each element of this set is significant.
    > >

    > You ignore the case of multiple combining characters in the same class
    > in the sequence.

    Not at all ! May be with supplementary markup of my sentence
    it will be more clear:
        A "starter sequence" (defective or not) is then an
        _unordered_ set of {
           _ordered_ sequences of {
                characters having the same combining class
           }
        }.
    Then look at where I used the term "set" defined by this sentence, and the
    term "element" refers to element of the unordered set, i.e. the "ordered
    sequence of characters having the same combining class".

    And no, I did not mix lists. The initial thread was in the main Unicode list
    as it is a generic problem not specific to Hebrew, but to terminologic and
    definition problems.