Re: Hexadecimal digits?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 08:46:54 EST

    From: Jill Ramonsky

    > Actually, a PLUS TEN modifier would do the job just as
    > well, and in fewer characters. So hex thirteen could be
    > (U+0033, PLUS_TEN). (I think you suggested that
    > first, but I wasn't paying close enough attention and
    > missed it).

    Heeeuuuuuuurkkkk!! I certainly did not suggest that!

    Instead I would probably accept more easily codeing the single digit "123"
    as: 1<ZWJ>2<ZWJ>3

    Or if hex sequences are intended when writing "1234ABCD", and one digit
    becomes one character:
    <BEGIN-NUMERIC>1234ABCD<END-NUMERIC> where two additional controls would
    take place to change the interpretation of the embedded letters or symbols
    into numeric digits...