Re: Definitions

From: jon@hackcraft.net
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 12:39:49 EST

    The source and the sink are higher level entities with their
    > own higher level protocols.

    Yes, and they would be examples of the first and second case I gave in my first
    mail on this thread.

     The channel between source and sink, which
    > is the Unicode level and below, should be transparent to PUA characters,
    > indeed to all characters apart from defined transformations. That surely
    > is the point of the PUA. If the channel starts messing around with the
    > characters sent through it, that is what is non-conformant.

    Such applications would match the third case.

    The fourth case can be used to build any of the others.