Re: How can I input any Unicode character if I know its hexadecimal code?

From: Raymond Mercier (raymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 06:35:07 EST

    > > Then it is a request for enhancement to address to the author of XMetal.
    > > This is not an issue of Unicode.
    >
    > Funnily enough, I thought I wanted to input Unicode characters

    You cannot complain to Unicode if there are software developers who fail to
    make their programs Unicode compliant. What makes you think that XMetal
    (whatever it is) can handle Unicode internally ?

    Even in WIN2000 some features are not Unicode compliant - for example the
    global search facility applied to folders and files. Certainly Alt-X doesn't
    work, and even if you paste a non-Ascii character into the window, you will
    get nonsense when you run the search.

    Raymond Mercier