Re: How can I input any Unicode character if I know its hexadecimal code?

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 12:25:44 EST

    From: <jameskass@att.net>

    > > input of this interesting IME that is expecting UTF-16 code units ...
    >
    > Oh, you did mention that, didn't you? I wonder if surrogate
    > pairs will work here...

    They will. Its fairly cool, if you ask me.

    Ignore Philippe's ramblings here, they are offtopic and hav nothing to do
    with Patrick's original question or my answer.

    UNICODE apps will work fine with it, and legacy apps will work okay if the
    code points you enter are in the default system code page of the system
    (which can never be gb18030).

    MichKa