Re: How can I input any Unicode character if I know its hexadecimal code?

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 14:18:23 EST

    On 15/11/2003 10:52, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >I was refering to the fact that a keyboard that allows you to enter Hebrew
    >diacritics in any order, even when they are not entered after a base letter,
    >will allow users to enter text which cannot be rendered successfully. When
    >you are creating a text that will later be used in a legacy encoding with
    >limited support for Hebrew in fonts, a keyboard that restricts you to enter
    >precombined forms (even if they are not canonical) will work better: the
    >sequence of letter + diacritic is only seen in the keyboard driver or IME,
    >not in the text editor that uses it.

    If a rendering engine doesn't do what it should, it is not for keyboards
    to fix the problem. The point of Unicode is not for typing what one
    displays oneself but to interchange information between different
    systems. So in general the typing and the rendering are done on
    different systems.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)