Re: creating a test font w/ CJKV Extension B characters.

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 06:45:13 EST

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:12:52 +0000, jon@hackcraft.net wrote:

    > Even with the registery changes that allow Uniscript to work with such
    > characters?

    Oops, my mistake. I had forgotten that I had deliberately deleted the registry
    settings that control how IE deals with surrogate pairs sometime ago in order to
    prove a point (that IE won't display surrogate pairs without them ?). Anyway,
    restore the registry to its original state and Frank's page displays OK without
    any tweaking whatsoever - both NCR and GB18030 encoded CJK-B characters render
    correctly with my preferred CJK-B font.

    To install the registry keys necessary for IE to display surrogate pairs simply
    copy the code below to a file named "something.reg" and double-click on it.
    Replace "Code2001" with the name of your preferred Supra-BMP font if necessary.

    <code>
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack]
    "SURROGATE"=dword:00000002

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\Scripts\42]
    "IEFixedFontName"="Code2001"
    "IEPropFontName"="Code2001"
    </code>

    Andrew