Re: How can I have OTF for MacOS

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 07:33:31 EST

    On 25/11/2003 03:42, Raymond Mercier wrote:

    >Michael Everson writes
    >

    >>Eudora on OS X does not support Unicode.
    >>

    >Eudora doesn't support Unicode anywhere, surely ? To my knowledge on a PC
    >the only mail handler that is Unicode compliant is Outlook Express.
    >
    >Raymond Mercier

    Both Mozilla and Outlook are Unicode compliant on a PC with Windows (at
    least 2000/XP), and much more than just compliant* in that they handle
    pretty much all Unicode characters. Mozilla 1.5 at least supports
    characters outside the BMP.

    * Even an ASCII only mail client is Unicode conformant, as long as it
    makes no false claims to handle anything outside U+0000 to U+007F.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)