Re: Complex Combining

From: Jungshik Shin (jshin@mailaps.org)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 16:01:44 EST

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Peter Kirk wrote:

    > confirmed what I wrote. Some of my cases have already been encoded in
    > Unicode, and in just the way I suggested; others are considered (by the
    > UTC, or just by you?) as "rich text". Like Jill, I see some possible
    > inconsistency. One point of this discussion is perhaps to determine if
    > we ought to try to make things more consistent.

      Isn't that inconsistency (e.g. encircled numbers, letters and
    characters largely due to that they're needed for the compatibility
    with legacy character sets? Most of encircled and parenthesized numbers,
    letters and characters came from legacy CJK character set standards. A
    lot of things would have been done differently had we started from
    the scratch.

      Jungshik