Re: Fonts on Web Pages

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 09:55:51 EST

    From: "Carl W. Brown" <cbrown@xnetinc.com>

    > I use Microsoft WEFT to embed fonts. I have had complaints that it does
    not
    > run on non-Windows platforms but then Bitstream does not either. The
    > problem with Bitstream is that it requires an active-x control to be
    > installed and many people will not do that. WEFT is also free.
    >
    > Try http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx

    The version of WEFT that is up there was having problems with Extension B. I
    was working with the Borware folks (reporting a bunch of bugs) and they gave
    me a later build that I used to generate the "Surrogate IME" code charts at:

    http://i18nwithvb.com/surrogate_ime/code_charts/

    Note there are also non-EOT options. EOT files (usually quite small) get
    much larger for pages of this size. There were some bugs in Mozilla
    originally which were reportedly fixed but I have not installed Mozilla
    recently to verify....

    MichKa [MS]
    NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development