RE: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 19:38:30 EST

    > That's why I think that font design providers (Adobe, Agfa MonoType, ...)
    > should agree on a common format to allow authors to distribute freely the
    > documents they create with these font designs. Then it's up to them to
    > cooperate with operating system vendors so that these OS will be able to
    > embed licensed fonts in documents, by managing two font stores in the OS:

    Of course, this requires the OS play games behind the back of the user that
    aren't fundamentally possible in an open source system. You can't hand someone
    a full copy of a font and then make it usuable in some situations and not
    in others, except as an arbitrary rule, which doesn't work when a user has
    control over his computer.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm