Re: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@mockfont.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 15:02:00 EST

    on 2003-12-03 11:28 Edward H. Trager wrote:

    > WHY NOT just *give* away the Linear B, Ogham,

    I give away Linear B. It's an incomplete set, and has not been vetted by
    experts, as has Michael's. It's worth what you pay for it.

    I and Michael both give away Ogham. His has the glyphs in the proper
    Unicode slots; mine is a font hack (I have the Unicode version sitting
    on my hard disk, tapping its foot waiting to get out).

    And making fonts isn't my day job. With Michael, you get scholarly
    expertise, professional care, and someone to complain to when things are
    wrong. With my fonts, you get what you pay for.

    I'd be happy, short-term, if Michael gave away more stuff. But until he
    becomes independently wealthy, we all lose long-term if he decides he
    can no longer afford to devote the time to script encoding.

    Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/