RE: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 16:49:21 EST

    At 14:01 +0100 2003-12-03, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    >Michael Everson
    >> Please stop discussing font design, Philippe, if you wish to
    >> avoid offence.
    >
    >Sorry, I did not intend this message to be addressed at you, as you are
    >certainly a responctable typographer, and even if I know that you designed
    >the LastResort font glyphs for Apple.

    I try to be as responctable as I can. But I was not taking it
    personally. I was suggesting that with regard to the work involved,
    you didn't know what you were talking about. John Hudson said, quite
    rightly: "There is a huge amount of skill, expertise and experience,
    and a *lot* of work" involved in making fonts.

    >(Is this font only available for Mac and shipped licensed with Mac OS?)

    Yes, but I am sure that Apple would entertain licensing it to other companies.