Re: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Raymond Mercier (raymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 12:41:10 EST

     Well can we be perfectly clear about this: I read that OS X is Unicode
     compliant, yet I understand you to say that Word (as part of Office) on OS
     is not.
     If that is true of Word on OS X then I am surprised - even amazed, but that
     seems to be what you said.
     Is it really the case that characters in Word in OS X are not stored as
     Unicode, even though they are so stored in Word in Windows NT (and later)
    on
     a PC ?
     If not stored as Unicode on a Mac, then how are they stored ?

    Raymond Mercier