Re: Sort Order

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 11:51:40 EST

    Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > ... If
    > I had to do that I would need to use a complete implementation found in ICU
    > (but ICU is quite large for some projects).

    ICU carries a lot of data and a good chunk of code because it has a lot of features and data for
    many locales and codepage conversions. After conversion tables, the collation tailorings are the
    second-largest set of data.

    However, you can make ICU smaller by dropping features and/or data:
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/packaging.html

    About Japanese collation, I forgot to point out that we have an online demo:
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/lx/en_US/utf-8/?_=ja&EXPLORE_CollationElements

    markus