Ideographic Description Characters

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 13:25:01 EST

    Can anyone tell me whether ideographic description characters are ever
    actually used? I recently ran into a Han (Vietnamese Nôm) character
    which does not seem to be encoded yet, "slice" radical on left and
    "heart" radical on right, and was wondering whether it would make
    practical sense to encode this as U+2FF1, U+2F5A, U+2F3C ( ⿰⽚⼼).