RE: Coloured diacritics (Was: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup)

From: Mete Kural (metek@touchtonecorp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 09:28:30 EST

    Being able to color diacritics and other characters in rendering would be great. We are trying to develop some tools to research the Quran and one of the tools is a sophisticated search engine that can search for substrings and display the search results while emphasizing the searched substrings with a different color in the search results text. It turns out that this is not possible if calligraphic fonts are used so we are leaning towards other alternatives that color coding. But if you can share any ideas on how to do color coding even if calligraphic fonts are used, that would be great.

    -Mete