Re: XML based mapping files.

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 13:48:28 EST

    Gupta, Shubhagam wrote:
    > ... I am curious however; would you
    > consider XML-based format as the preferred format for future
    > developments, rather than adopting the plain-text "Format A." available
    > at Unicode website?

    Both the UTR #22 XML format and ICU's .ucm format provide syntax for the distinction between
    roundtrip mappings (A maps to B and B maps back to A) and one-way mappings/fallbacks/reverse
    mappings (A maps to B but B does not map back to A). You can achieve this in many ways and formats,
    but "Format A." itself does not support it.

    markus