RE: Swastika to be banned by Microsoft?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 15:31:30 EST

    jameskass@att.net writes:
    > verdy_p @ wanadoo.fr wrote,
    > > ... For now African languages are only representable on
    > > Windows with "Arial Unicode MS" ...
    >
    > What utter nonsense! Bosh. Balderdash.

    I spoke only of the default core fonts that come with Windows.
    Of course one could find other fonts on the web, but typical
    users don't know how to do it, and there's no help offered to
    them to get more fonts once they have installed Windows.

    So please stop insults, there was no offense in what I said,
    and this really denotes the situation of African languages
    which cannot be reliably published on the web, simply because
    most hosts can render the normal letters (even for those users
    in the community that would need them), and instead web authors
    have to create their own "notation" using non standardized
    and not interoperable conventions.

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com