Re: Using characters in context makes a difference.

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 18:13:43 EST

    Benson Margulies scripsit:

    > You can count on any media organization anywhere to pick the least
    > accurate and most imflammatory view of any story. In my experience, the
    > more I know about a subject, the less truth I ever find in a newspaper
    > story about it.

    I have similar experiences, but I think that Reuters is quite reliable,
    neither because they are my employer nor in spite of it. I don't see
    any actual error in that story, except that saying "remove the font"
    instead of "remove the characters" would have been clearer.

    --
    John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
    "You cannot enter here.  Go back to the abyss prepared for you!  Go back!