RE: Case mapping of dotless lowercase letters

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 12:24:26 EST

    Yes, I know - same as dotted a, b, c, d, e, f, g and so on are distinct
    from dotless a, b, c, d, e, f, g and so on. I just meant that U+0069
    could have been considered dotless - with dotted i being somewhere else.
    This wouldn't necessarily stop font designers for Western markers from
    putting a dot over U+0069 if they really wanted to, but for wider
    markets they would have had to have made the distinction. (As /another/
    aside, in English handwriting, not everyone dots their "i"s, so it seems
    that the dot is kind of optional in this culture, though obviously very
    important in Turkey ... but then, they also have dotted UPPERCASE I to
    go with it).

    I'm still not being entirely serious by the way - this is just an
    amusing ponder.
    Jill