RE: Case mapping of dotless lowercase letters

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 14:04:04 EST

    > The caveats are well-known and well-publicized. If you want
    > Turkic-specific case mapping behavior, you really have to use the
    > Turkic-specific case mapping tables.

    I already use this Turkic specific mappings. They have no problems at all if
    I use "C" + "T".

    There is also no problem in the simple mappings: "C" + "S".

    The problems come when I use the non-Turkic full mappings: "C" + "F".

    So reread what I said, and now just consider the existing CaseFolding rules,
    when all "T" rules are removed, and only "C" (common) and "F" (Full)
    mappings are used... That's only the case C+F which needs added mappings
    (adding the two mappings I proposed would not cause any change in simple
    mappings (C+S) or default full mappings (C+T).

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com