Re: Case mapping of dotless lowercase letters

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 09:20:10 EST

    Arcane Jill scripsit:

    > Since {U+0069} is /not/ canonically equivalent to {U+0131}{U+0307}, I
    > don't see anything to stop me from registering the domain name
    > "un{U+0131}{U+0307}code.org", for example. It /is/ in NFC, after all.

    You can (or rather, you will be able to when internationalized domain
    names become a reality). But in fact you have to use case folding
    plus NKFC, and there is a list of forbidden characters as well.
    See RFCs 3454 and 3491 for the exact rules.

    --
    "There is no real going back.  Though I         John Cowan
    may come to the Shire, it will not seem         jcowan@reutershealth.com