Re: Speaking of glottophagic hegemony (was Re: [OT] CJK -> CJC (Re: Corea?))

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 16:24:02 EST

    Kenneth Whistler scripsit:

    > But your p seems to have glottophagiated the ff in "whiffs",
    > unless the implication is that the Mistress of Cultural
    > Parochialism also has an odiferous fetish with the leather lash
    > she's using to scourge the misbehaving perpetrators of foreignisms. :-)

    I think you want "odoriferous" rather than "odiferous", though the latter
    term, ynkhorne as it is, may have some small applicability here.

    > And yes, that's an open invitation to further OT-ify a thread that
    > has gone bad. This forum definitely needs some thread discipline here.

    Well, until we see either a whip (in the parliamentary sense) or a flagellifer
    here, we can't expect much.

    --
    A rabbi whose congregation doesn't want         John Cowan
    to drive him out of town isn't a rabbi,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan