RE: Case mapping of dotless lowercase letters

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 08:38:52 EST

    > Would it not make more sense to have not two, but /three/ different
    kinds of lowercase i: <non-dotted i>, <soft-dotted i> and <hard-dotted
    i>?. (And similarly for uppercase). Of course, then you might as well
    invent COMBINING SOFT DOT ABOVE so we can use it elsewhere.

    I should have mentioned that in this hypothetical scheme, the following
    would be canonically equivalent:

    <soft-dotted-i> = <non-dotted-i> <combining-soft-dot-above>
    <soft-dotted-I> = <non-dotted-I> <combining-soft-dot-above>
    <hard-dotted-i> = <non-dotted-i> <combining-dot-above>
    <hard-dotted-I> = <non-dotted-I> <combining-dot-above>

    Sorry for the omission in previous email
    Jill