Re: Aramaic unification and information retrieval

From: jon@hackcraft.net
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 05:39:49 EST

    Quoting "D. Starner" <shalesller@writeme.com>:

    > > Yup, if you make a grid patten of sufficient size and complexity you can
    > fit
    > > any relatively simple shape like a letterform into it.
    >
    > And this grid doesn't even particularly fit the characters.
    > Two big rules of Latin typography are that the capital
    > letters are all of the same size (visually, at least) and
    > that there are distinct baselines and skylines that the
    > characters are fitted around, as appropriate per character.
    > This grid keeps neither proportion nor position.

    The relationship between mysticism/occult studies and language studies should
    definitely go in only one way. Otherwise we'd end up encoding one character
    for "true name of God" and fill the rest of the codespace with variant
    selectors to apply to it :)
    Still, it's better than the guy who argued that the word "angel" was derived
    from the astrological use of the word "angle".

    --
    Jon Hanna
    <http://www.hackcraft.net/>