Re: why Aramaic now

From: Christopher John Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 10:34:34 EST

    From: "Elaine Keown" <elaine_keown@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Your arguments are very calm and rational, but it's
    > not that simple. I wish it were.

    > Some of the sets of symbols I found---which I simply
    > assumed could be added to "Hebrew"--are innately
    > controversial because of the Roadmap.

    > That's actually true for 3 subsets of symbols that I
    > think of as "Extended Hebrew."

    How many in total are there?

    If you have a set of symbols or punctuation marks which are used with several
    different but related scripts why not propose them as a group? Call the group
    "Semitic Extended Marks" or something which doesn't tie them to a particular
    script. Then nobody needs to argue about whether they should be encoded with
    this script or that script.

    - Chris