Re: Ligatures with diacritics

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 12:00:33 EST

    See http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ chapter 9

    > Interesting. Is this actually valid at the end of a string?

    Yes. Figure 9-6 is an example.

    > Would
    > <syllable, virama, ZWJ> as an isolated string be rendered differently
    > from <syllable, virama>?

    I don't know. <syllable, virama ZWJ> is rendered differently from <syllable,
    virama, ZWNJ>
    But I don't know which of both is the default.

    If it is not at the end of a string then the default is to try to include
    yet some more in the ligature, ZWJ or ZWNJ prevents this.