Re: Pre-1923 characters?

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 19:56:02 EST

    > Not safe unless you *know* exactly when a character was invented.

    Not safe for what? I've come across six characters that weren't in
    Unicode at all. Does this mean that Unicode isn't safe to use?

    > Characters adopted into new standardized new Latin-based alphabets or
    > new standardized Latin-based transcription systems often have a previous
    > history.

    True. But this is not a closed system, where the only characters usable
    will be those in the panel. If we ever get texts with the letters, we
    can deal with it.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm