RE: Tajik alphabet code

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 21:00:43 EST

    Aso:

    Could you please clarify exactly what you are looking for help with.

    - Are you looking for information on standardizing orthographic usage
    within a community? (I suspect not.)

    - Are you wanting to find out whether a particular orthography for Tajik
    is supported in Unicode and, if not, what is involved in getting it
    supported in Unicode?

    (If so, could you provide information about the orthography so that we
    can be sure we're not responding assuming information that might not be
    current.)

    - Are you asking the previous question but in relation to some 8-bit
    encoding rather than Unicode?

    - Are you aware of what is supported in Unicode, and rather looking for
    information on how to *implement* the standard to support Tajik in
    software localization?

    Peter Constable

    On