OT: HTML messages [Re: Font Technology Standards]

From: John Burger (john@mitre.org)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 14:43:24 EST

    jcowan@reutershealth.com wrote:

    > (Can you please stop sending messages to this mailing list in HTML
    > only? Either
    > plain text only, or -- less desirable -- plain text plus HTML, please.)

    (I broadcast this only because a number of people have recently
    starting sending HTML messages to the list, several of them in this
    thread.)

    FYI, these messages are not terribly readable even with an HTML-aware
    mail client, because either your client or some server along the way is
    wrapping your text with the following:

    This is nearly illegible on my platforms.

    - John D. Burger
       MITRE