Re: SVG Fonts - Is it the Font Standard of the future?

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 18:00:37 EST

    From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk@qaya.org>
    > Just wait a few years! Then at least you will care that the fonts are
    > properly hinted.

    It's possible that in a few years, the LCD monitors will have a higher
    resolution so that larger font sizes (in pixels) will be used for typical
    screen presentation. More pixels -- less elaborate hinting required.

    I don't think hinting will completely go away, but I'm sure the necessity to
    tweak single pixels will gradually disappear.

    Adam