Re: Irish dotless I

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 07:49:32 EST

    On 17/03/2004 03:16, Michael Everson wrote:

    > At 02:04 -0800 2004-03-17, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >

    >> Or just use the accursed American Uncial, if there's a version of it
    >> which supports more than Windows 1252.
    >

    > It would not be suitable for Turkish, given its inherent ugliness.

    If I come across Turks or Azeris who want a Celtic font, I will advise
    them to contact you to design something suitable.

    Meanwhile, since it seems that the Irish want to have their dots and eat
    them depending on their choice of font, I will let them do what they
    want as long as it doesn't make things even more complicated for the
    poor Turks and Azeris.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)