RE: [OT] Freedom and organization (was RE: help needed with addin g ne w character)

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 08:21:05 EST

    Peter Kirk wrote:
    > Come to think of it, a not very large group of them with a
    > bit of money behind them could buy enough votes to outvote
    > the corporations and destroy Unicode -

    Yes, right, interesting possibility! Not that much money either: a single
    punk rock concert would probably raise enough funds.

    But, before I propose this to the World Wide Anarchist Consortium, could you
    please mention at least valid motive for the action? They would object that,
    as the anarchists are by nature anti-nationalistic and internationalist, the
    anarchist on-line forums and web sites tend to be multi-language, and
    Unicode is quite an useful tool for that.

    _ Marco