Re: Printing and Displaying Dependent Vowels

From: John Cowan (cowan@ccil.org)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 07:14:35 EST

    Antoine Leca scripsit:

    > In the general case of a font intended for general use, and if the rendering
    > without the circle is intended in special cases like drawing a keyboard
    > layout for reference, I still believe it is better to have the circle and
    > resort to special manipulations, like SP+ZWJ+vowel or drawing directly with
    > ExtTextOut(ETO_GLYPH_INDEX), in order to draw the keyboard layout.

    The bottom line is that SP+vowel and NBSP+vowel are prescribed by the
    Unicode Standard, and if they don't work (at least the former; for the
    latter, one can weasel out by claiming conformity with earlier versions
    of the Standard) the system is broken.

    --
    A rabbi whose congregation doesn't want         John Cowan
    to drive him out of town isn't a rabbi,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan