Re: Just if and where is the then?

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 10:35:32 CDT

Dele, who moonlights as African Oracle <oracle at africaservice dot
com>, wrote:

> Laughter: Yes, Doug I could see what you have done, but it does not
> appear right or look right. It is just like putting the nose where the
> eyes are supposed to be a bit out of phase; especially with the dot
> below and even worst when one is considering O with dot below...

It looks fine, or not fine, depending on which font and operating system
you are using. I'm using Lucida Sans Unicode on Windows 95 and the dot
is just a bit too far to the left.

These are minor, not dreadful, display problems which can be solved now
by choosing a different font, or later when fonts and rendering engines
are updated to improve the placement of combining marks. This is a more
portable and less costly solution than developing a new 8-bit encoding.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/