Re: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 13:22:00 CDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > People who need to override the default template can do so, according
    > to the standard.

    If they're lucky. The less lucky will only get default-UCA sorting. The
    least lucky will get nothing but binary codepoint sorting and a few
    language-specific hacks.

    The default template is about least-astonishing behavior. I judge mixed
    sorting (at level 1) to be least astonishing.

    --
    "But I am the real Strider, fortunately,"       John Cowan
    he said, looking down at them with his face     jcowan@reutershealth.com