RE: PH User Community Litmus Test?

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 11:32:30 CDT

            So...

            All those kids I went to school with... You know, the ones who
    couldn't spell so well, the ones that didn't know their grammar, the ones
    that just didn't care...

            They're not members of the Latin script user community?

            Ummm... I'm going to have to call horsepucky on this one.

            I'm a member of the Phoenician script user community, and I can't
    read a single word of it. Learning the glyphs, that's the use I get out of
    it, but it's use nonetheless.

            In any event, this whole test implies that decisions about
    Phoenician are made only with regard to the needs and desires of this "user
    group". Even when you expand your definition of the user group as I have,
    that's still not quite correct - all potential users must be considered.

    /|/|ike