Filzlaus

From: Jörg Knappen (knappen@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 12:26:08 CDT

    Browsing thro my printed version of UNicode 4.0 I discovered the follwing
    annotations to U+00A4 (The currency sign):

    Filzlaus, Ricardi-Sonne (german names)

    May I request those names to be dropped? Both are jargon at best and not
    widespread. Filzlaus is meaning crab louse, and it is well known (to
    german speakers) where those animals live and how they spread.

    Ricardi-Sonne is probably misspelled (should be Ricardo-Sonne, alluding to
    the famous economist David Ricardo). The name is not in wide use anyway.
    Even "Sputnik" is better known...

    --J"org Knappen