RE: Archaic Greek letter like palm tree?

From: E. Keown (k_isoetc@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 15:05:38 CDT

             Elaine Keown
             Tucson

    Dear Ernest Cline:

    Thank you for writing. I found
    U+10319 OLD ITALIC LETTER KHE online.

    However, in the palm tree shape I have in mind, the
    trunk ends and 'divides' into two curving 'palm
    fronds'--in OLD ITALIC LETTER KHE, the 'top' of the
    letter has 3 lines.

    In my palm frond letter from Crete, there are only 2
    curving lines for the 'fronds.'

    The letter is in a book by Cyrus Gordon on Minoan.
    But I think it's found elsewhere in the Aegean.

    Do you know if 'epichoric' Greek stuff is in Unicode?
    Elaine