Re: Category of "Mathematic Alphanumeric Symbols"

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 14:23:19 CDT

    At 09:39 AM 6/10/2004, Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin wrote:
    >On 2004.06.10, 17:33, I wrote:
    >
    > > U+1D4AC's category is simply "Lu [Letter, Uppercase]". In fact all
    > > math symbols of the 1D400-1D7FF block are simply Lu or Ll (or Nd)
    > > and "can" be used as letters; I have somehow asumed otherwise.
    >
    >And on Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:42:30 -0700, Asmus Freytag
    ><asmusf@ix.netcom.com> wrote (in reply to a different message):
    >
    > > The mathematical script capital Q has no formal case mapping to
    > > mathematical script small q as case transformation would normally
    > > change the meaning of a mathematical text.
    >
    >Ah, here's the difference between a cased letter and a math symbol
    >that looks like one.

    But the proposed letter also has no case mapping. Therefore, cloning
    it would create TWO letters with the same properties that look alike.
    That situation should always be grounds for being extremely reluctant
    to proceed with disunification, and in my personal opinion, to reject
    disunification in this case.

    A./