proposal for a "creative commons" character

From: Michael Tiemann (tiemann@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 14:23:14 CDT

    The Creative Commons (http://www.creativecommons.org) is devoted to
    expanding the range of creative work available for others to build upon
    and share. While technically they use copyright to do so, the creative
    commons has this neat symbol that looks just like a copyright (00A9)
    except that it has two letter c's inside the circle instead of one.
    Thus, it looks like (cc) instead of (c). There are some other symbols
    they have also created which can be seen on this page:
    http://creativecommons.org/license/

    Without getting greedy, I'd like to propose the adoption of the (cc)
    symbol in whatever way would be most expedient (so that creative commons
    authors can identify their work more appropriately), and leave for later
    the question of the other symbols.

    I am posting here first, as suggested by the website, to initiate
    discussion, and if there is discussion, following it through before
    making a formal submission, which if discussion warrants, would be the
    next logical step.

    Michael Tiemann