Re: proposal for a "creative commons" character

From: Michael Tiemann (tiemann@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 15:49:16 CDT

    I'm new to this, so I'm not sure the best way to move forward, but let
    me try two ways:

    1. The Euro symbol is a logo of the new European currency.

    2. The (cc) symbol is not trademarked, so there is not the kind of IP
    issue as their would be around "usual" logos.

    3. If there were a "cc" character that could be enclosed by an
    enclosing circle character, then the symbol could be composed from
    Unicode characters. Thus, there would be no logo per se, but a means to
    construct what we want to make a symbol, by usage and acclaim, not a
    logo. But this would be less elegant than a single (cc) character
    because, as the enclosing characters page says, YMMV when using these
    enclosing symbols.

    Is that a start?