Re: lines 05-08, version 4.7 of Roadmap to BMP and 'Hebrew extensions'

From: E. Keown (k_isoetc@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 15:26:36 CDT

            Elaine Keown
            Tucson

    Dear Rick and List:

    Copying part of Rick's answer back to list, didn't
    seem private.

    How many code points are there in the Roadmap's line
    08?---I still don't understand hex well enough to
    compute....

    Hebrew script, even without any 'artificial'
    disunification, still could potentially fill 3-4x as
    many code points as it currently has.....

    > > are these *all* right-to-left languages?
    > Not right now. However, Tifinagh was just accepted

    I actually wasn't sure about Avestan's
    directionality.....I mistakenly thought Tifinagh was
    rtl.

    > No. Blocks are created and populated as proposals
    > are accepted. The roadmap is just a guide.
    > There is no need to request any change to it.

    I do actually have two brief suggestions that are
    important to Semitists, for the BMP and the SMP....

    > Then you should write a proposal for them.

    I wrote the preliminary Babylonian and Samaritan
    proposals in May, now I'm adding in what you and
    Debbie suggested.....

    Elaine