RE: Combining across markup? (Was: RE: sign for anti-neutrino - g ree k nu with diacritical line aboveworkaround ?)

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 17:48:35 CDT

            Use a picture, just as you would for a letter "i" with a smiley face
    for a dot, or any other aberrant characters.

    > Or for a less obscure example, an Arabic text with
    > the letters correctly ligated, in black, and the vowel marks
    > in another colour, such as in practically
    > *any* printed edition of the Koran?

            Wouldn't the better idea here be to use a font which had the vowels
    in a different color? This would make management of the source much easier,
    I think, although that would be a side issue. Are there situations where
    this would not work?

            Thanks,

    /|/|ike