Re: Public Review Issue: UAX #24 Proposed Update

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 02:21:06 CDT

    On 2004.09.09, 05:53, <rick@unicode.org> wrote:

    >> FB1D, HEBREW LETTER YOD WITH HIRIQ, should be assigned to the
    >> unknown group. It is not a Hebrew character, notwithstanding the
    >> misleading name.
    >
    > Hmmm... Are you claiming that HEBREW LETTER YOD (the base character
    > of the codepoint U+FB1D) is not a letter of the Hebrew script, and
    > you can substantiate that claim?

    ;-) Though I'm sure Jony is refering to the yod+hiriq combination, it
    is a dead horse: After all, U+0140 and U+013F are still not deprecated
    and (much worse) are still claiming in the notes that they are meant
    to be used in Catalan. A lot of decomposing equine corpses may cause
    serious public health problems. :-\

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    PT-1XXX-XXX LISBOA Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |