Re: Unicode & Shorthand?

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 17:50:40 CDT

    That isn't the allocation shown on:
        http://www.unicode.org/roadmaps/smp/
    which shows 11E00..11EFF.

     From a logical point of view, wouldn't shorthands fit better
    in the Notational systems (1D000..1FFFD ) superblock than
    in the African and other syllabic scripts ( 11800..11FFF)
    superblock ? There is plenty of space in either superblock,
    altho the notational systems superblock has more space
    on both an absolute and a percentage basis.