Re: Unicode HTML, download

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 08:38:09 CST

    On 21/11/2004 00:05, Edward H. Trager wrote:

    > A better CSS class would additionally specify the font-family,
    > for example, something like the SIL Ezra font
    > (http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=EzraSIL_Home
    >
    > (4) Since your readers may not have certain fonts, In the case of legally
    > downloadable fonts like SIL Ezra, I would definitely put a link to the
    > download site so readers can download the (Hebrew) fonts if they need it to view
    > your page.

    Please don't use SIL Ezra for such purposes, which is a legacy encoded
    and visually ordered Hebrew font, and is not rendered correctly in IE6.
    Instead, please use Ezra SIL, which is basically the same outlines but
    properly Unicode encoded. The URL given is for Ezra SIL, and it is a
    free download.

    By the way, this font mostly works fine with any Windows (95+) system.
    Office 2003 is required only for ideal placement of certain accents etc.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)